www.brewmangroup.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BMG Casual Competition

4 posters

Go down

BMG Casual Competition Empty BMG Casual Competition

Post  Harker Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:27 pm

Well, we should probably set a date for our next meeting/tasting event. Some of you have already started brewing for the event. I've been told that Jim, Schweit and Dobee have all brewed their beers. To my understanding, this event will be featuring session beers and will be held at Carnes place. Friends and family will be invited and will be asked to "donate" whatever amount of money they feel is appropriate ($5 or so).

We should figure out a date for the event, and discuss styles of beer. Hopefully we can have a good selection. Jim has made an all challenger pale ale, Schweit has made a sweet orange juniper ale, and Dobee made a honey brown. I am thinking about making a classic american cream ale which is basically a hoppier blonde ale. Well, lets get this started.

Does anyone have a preference for a date. I cannot do it the last weekend in April (25th and 26th). I am proposing we have it on Friday May 1st if this works for Carnes and the rest of you.

Holler back
Harker
Harker

Back to top Go down

BMG Casual Competition Empty Re: BMG Casual Competition

Post  Schweit Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:50 pm

I cant do pretty much anytime in April.. But anytime in may seem pretty good to me.. If not Ill make it work
Schweit
Schweit

Back to top Go down

Post  scribe Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:53 am

I'm doing an English Pale (Fuller's London Pride Clone).
scribe
scribe
Admin

Back to top Go down

BMG Casual Competition Empty Session Ale Competition

Post  Harker Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:03 pm

The Porter and I have been thinking,

We are afraid that our little session ale competition is getting too complicated. Actually, our biggest fear is that we are "nerding" it up too much. The group of friends that we will invite between myself, Jim and Carnes like to drink a good beer, but hate when we talk about them for an hour. So, instead of having our friends fill out a BJCP style score card I propose that we simply have them write their top 3 beers (in order) on a post-it-note and turn it in. Very simple! I also propose that we just let people serve themselves our beer from the keg while we walk around and socialize. Lets make this thing more of a party and less of a beer quest gathering.

However, I do think that we should have a brewers judging in which we can do our thing. We can also vote on our top 3 and have some good beer talk.

Who is going to invite certain lagers? I don't know their email addresses.

Carnes, I think we should set up some of our kegs outside in your "garbage can" tap.
Harker
Harker

Back to top Go down

Post  scribe Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:54 pm

GREAT IDEA!

Most of the people I invited would feel the same way. I don't think we even need to rank them officially. We can get a sense of their faves if/when they bring it up to us... my guess is that everyone will like different beers--and none will "take the trophy".. ya know? Anyway...great idea.

Originally, we had talked about having a BMG (members only) meeting about 30 minutes before people arrive to discuss the "nerdy" things about the beers...then we can open it up to the public and just have a good time!

p.s. I vote "not it" for garage. People in the garage never win competitions.. .(hahahaha!)....
scribe
scribe
Admin

Back to top Go down

BMG Casual Competition Empty May 1st BMG open house

Post  Harker Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:36 am

Well guys, it's almost here.

I have to admit I am a little worried about some of your beers carbonating in time. I am sure that Dobbe, Schweit and Hammonds have not kegged their beer yet. You have only 2 days from now. I hope you crank the CO2 up to 30 psi or something (Porters suggestion, I am CO2 retarded).

As most of you know, we will meet at the Librarian's home around 6 or a little before. We will have some geeky beer talk and critique the brews. Also, we may get a chance to try some other stuff like Scribe's wheat wine, Jester's secret beers that we don't even know about, our beer quest stuff, etc.... I'll bring my wheat IPA for sure. I even might bring an old beer of Hammonds that I have been holding on to.

I expect around 50 people to show up through the night. Should be fun, I just hope the weather is nice. See you all there.
Harker
Harker

Back to top Go down

Post  Dobee Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:01 pm

Just so you guys know I have to work till 7pm probably get there around 7:30pm. Btw with the carbonating, a good two days is fine you just need to crank the c02 chill the shit out of it, and shake vigorously....
Dobee
Dobee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down