www.brewmangroup.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

National Homebrew Competition

4 posters

Go down

National Homebrew Competition Empty National Homebrew Competition

Post  Harker Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:01 pm

Hey all, I was just wondering if we wanted to meet sometime before the NHC deadline. This is coming up shortly, and some of you had mentioned sampling the entries before they are submitted. It's up to all of you. Next Tuesday (17th) is when the Scribes beer goes on tap at Lazlos, so we could just make a night of that. Grab a pint or two at Lazlos and then go to Carnes' house for an hour to sample those beers.

Speaking of the NHC, there is a new award this year. Its the Gambrinus Homebrew award, or something like that. If we register with the AHA, we will be eligible. The requirements are outlined in the 2009 rules and regulations. Basically, you need at least 5 members in your club and two of the members would need to go on to the final round. 1 person would need to place in the final round. It's a long shot, but if we would do this we would have a good chance of winning the award. We would need to write our club name on the entry form (btw, we can register online this year). To determine the winner they take the points awarded/the #of entries. Since we are only submitting a small selection of beers, and because they are mostly really good beers, we would have a shot if a couple of them did well. We should register our club with the AHA regardless. How do we do this though? How much would it cost each member?
Harker
Harker

Back to top Go down

National Homebrew Competition Empty Re: National Homebrew Competition

Post  written1 Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:53 pm

dude, i am going out of town for 6 days starting the 17th (won't be back until the 22nd). If it works for everyone else, go for it. Maybe I can leave the scribe with some of my beers for pre-judging.

Later dudes,
Jester
written1
written1

Back to top Go down

Post  Librarian Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:01 pm

The entry window for the First Round of the 2009 National Homebrew Competition is Wednesday, March 25 through 5:00 pm Wednesday, April 8, 2009. Here's the website: http://www.beertown.org/events/nhc/index.html
Librarian
Librarian

Back to top Go down

National Homebrew Competition Empty NHC

Post  Porter Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:02 am

Yeah, Jester--that is a great idea. Just leave your delicious brew with us and we will perform "taste analysis" on it. We will need at least 3 gallons for this job...
Porter
Porter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down