www.brewmangroup.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So I started this forum

5 posters

Go down

So I started this forum Empty So I started this forum

Post  Dobee Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:44 pm

SO I know there is talk of us getting BJCP certified and stuff like that. I started this forum so we can talk about it and get this thing going. BJCP is the Beer Judge Certification Program for those of you in the dark ages. After being knocked multiple times in competitions for this isn't the right style of beer for that category I got to looking myself.

So first but not last here is a great guide I use everytime I want to make a beer or name the beer (but for some odd reason swill is not in here...). It is the BJCP Style Guidelines. You can name the beer what you want but if it doesn't fit and it's still a good beer you get dinged hard.

http://www.bjcp.org/2008styles/catdex.php

Later,
Dobster
Dobee
Dobee
Admin

Back to top Go down

So I started this forum Empty BJCP

Post  Porter Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:25 am

Yeah, I would really like to do this, anyone know how many people we need to do this? I am pretty sure there is a minimum.
Porter
Porter

Back to top Go down

So I started this forum Empty Re: So I started this forum

Post  scribe Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:16 pm

yes.. there is a minimum.

Tiffany-Amber-Kelly-Kapowski-Kim-Thiesen was trying to get one of these together for the

Lincoln Codgers (see definition)

There is a minumum, it's a around 80 bucks a pop... and I hear it takes about 6 months to study for it. I also hear that EVERYONE fails their first go around, then a few may pass the second time.

All that said, I'm still in!!
scribe
scribe
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dobee Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:05 pm

Basic requirements
In general, at least five examinees are required to schedule a BJCP exam. Any club or other entity can sponsor (i.e., set up) an exam. The sponsor contacts an Exam Director to request a tentative exam date and an Exam Data Administration Form (EDAF). This form will be sent to you via e-mail. Please remember to include the appropriate address and identify your geographic location, as there are different exam directors for different regions. To assure the minimum number of participants criterion is met, the sponsor should collect a non-refundable $10 deposit from the examinees.

We have 3 we need a few more. It's $50 bucks for the exam. So we need a couple more to actually get an exam here. I think it would be pretty cool to have an exam here. Man it would pucker the lager's behinds if we got an exam date before them.

Otherwise there are other places we can get testing. http://www.bjcp.org/exams.php
Dobee
Dobee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  scribe Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:14 pm

sounds great!

i checked it out today, however, and it looks like the exams are all booked up, closed, through June.

July, anyone?
scribe
scribe
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dobee Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:02 pm

If we can get 5 examinees it looks like we can get it brought here..... Otherwise the buenos aires would be an AWESOME place to get certified in september Twisted Evil
Dobee
Dobee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Librarian Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:10 pm

Ya you can count me in for this.
Librarian
Librarian

Back to top Go down

Post  Dobee Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:42 pm

So what we will do then, is when we meet next we will discuss this in person to see whoever else wants to do it. Since we only have 4 people on deck with this Sad we might have to talk to the lagers and see who else may want to get in on this.
Dobee
Dobee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Midwest Mick Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:45 pm

I am up for this. Guide lines can be a good thing.
Midwest Mick
Midwest Mick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum