www.brewmangroup.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Goose Island Imperial IPA!

4 posters

Go down

Goose Island Imperial IPA! Empty Goose Island Imperial IPA!

Post  Porter Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:20 pm

So Carnes and I decided to take the motorcycles up to Omaha on Saturday afternoon to stop at Beertopia. Naturally, we could not in good conscience walk past crescent moon without stopping in for a pint. Boy were we glad we did! The first thing I saw was a paper card on the bartop that said "Goose Island Imperial IPA-8oz for $6.00." At that point, my heart rate rapidly increased and I could barely spit out "that's what I want" while pointing at the card. The bartender said that the GI brewery is making this again in very limited quantity and only shipping out a limit of two 5 gallon kegs to specific bars per year. Now, for the review: Carnes and I agreed that this is quite simply the best Imperial IPA (and IMO the best overall beer) in the entire world leaving no room for argument. This stuff was really good before when it was sold in bottles, but at least 10 times better now on draught. When compared to Pliny the Elder, the aroma of the GI is a close 2nd, however when flavor and the whole package is taken into account, the GI leaves pliny in its dust. I am convinced that had we had some of this stuff on IPA night, it would have easily been a unanimous choice for best beer of the night.

--Porter
Porter
Porter

Back to top Go down

Goose Island Imperial IPA! Empty Re: Goose Island Imperial IPA!

Post  Librarian Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:43 pm

Yes, this is all true!
Librarian
Librarian

Back to top Go down

Post  Dobee Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:16 pm

Wow didn't know there were other riders in this group. Next time you guys go for a ride hit me up. In fact I'm probably going to go to sturgis this year.
Dobee
Dobee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Goose Island Imperial IPA! Empty Re:

Post  Porter Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:29 am

Will do, dobee. What kind of bike you got? I don't have your number yet, either.

--Porter
Porter
Porter

Back to top Go down

Post  Dobee Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:37 pm

Porter wrote:Will do, dobee. What kind of bike you got? I don't have your number yet, either.

--Porter

Lol I have a Kawasaki 454 LTD. Best 900 bucks I ever spent LOL. Made it to sturgis last year and back. Was probably one of the smallest bikes there too Razz

I will send ya a private message with my phone number.

-Dobee
Dobee
Dobee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Goose Island Imperial IPA! Empty Re:

Post  Porter Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:02 pm

That's cool. I had a friend that rode an old kawa 305 all over the place, they will run forever. Mine is a honda shadow 1100, Carney has a kawasaki vulcan classic 800.

--Porter
Porter
Porter

Back to top Go down

Goose Island Imperial IPA! Empty Goose Island Imperial IPA

Post  Harker Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:44 am

Good news guys. Remember how Porter and Librarian were hyping up the Goose Island Imperial IPA as the best beer in the world (no exageration), well we might all get a chance to form an opinion. After they ran out of this beer in Omaha, I sent an email to Goose Island. This is what was said:

I live in Lincoln, NE. Is there anyway I can get your imperial ipa (2008) around here, or even shipped to one of our retailers? I have not been able to find this beer in Lincoln since 2006, although I am sure you are still making it. We get matilda and pere jacquez, but not demolition or the imperial ipa. Is there anything I can do to get this beer short of making a trip to Chicago?

Thanks,

Bryon Belding

Hi Bryon –

We actually no longer produce the Imperial IPA in bottles. We did produce a limited amount in kegs recently (which was distributed to a select number of wholesalers) and you can currently find it being served in the following location in Lincoln, NE:

- Zen’s (122 N 11th St Ste 2, Lincoln, NE, 68508; Phone #402-475-2929)

Demolition in 650 mL bottles will be released in Chicago in April 2009; release dates for other cities have not yet been determined. We will also be producing a limited amount of Demolition in kegs later this spring (which will be distributed to a select number of wholesalers).

I hope this helps – please let me know if there’s any additional information that I can provide you with.

Best regards,

Annie Luoma

Wholesale Support Coordinator

Goose Island Beer Company

1800 W. Fulton St.

Chicago, IL 60612

Phone: 312-226-1119 x335

Fax: 312-733-1692
Harker
Harker

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down