www.brewmangroup.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recruitment?

+2
Porter
scribe
6 posters

Go down

Recruitment? Empty Recruitment?

Post  scribe Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:07 pm

Hey guys.. just wondering if we were interested in expanding? Maybe the 7 of us is enough? If people do want to join, I think they should remain loyal, however. No flip flopping between us and other groups. I just wanted us to be on the same page before we open the doors to the public.

p.s. Were we joking about T-shirts? Iron-ons are cheap. I'd be in on it if we could get the pic of the blue man group pounding on superimposed keggles. Black polo shirts, even? (Okay, I've gone too far now!).
scribe
scribe
Admin

Back to top Go down

Recruitment? Empty RE:

Post  Porter Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:37 pm

I think we can accomodate a few more. They WILL need to denounce membership in any other clubs, though. And of course, try Carnes' raspberry experiment as initiation. Very Happy As far as shirts go, I am open to that. However, it's also fun to keep other brew clubs guessing who's in BMG and who's not.
Porter
Porter

Back to top Go down

Recruitment? Empty Re: Recruitment?

Post  Schweit Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:14 pm

Just throwing it out there... but I do alot of graphic art stuff.. I could design a few things for us, All I need is just a few ideas of what it should say and maybe look like
Schweit
Schweit

Back to top Go down

Post  Dobee Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:26 pm

Me personally I like the dickies button up work shirts..... But they are a wee bit more expensive. Also the more members the merrier.
Dobee
Dobee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Recruitment? Empty Recruitment?

Post  Midwest Mick Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:39 pm

Button up shirts sound like a plan. Is there an official logo for the BMG that we can put on the shirts? I think it would definitely show that we take our beer and this organization seriously.
Midwest Mick
Midwest Mick

Back to top Go down

Recruitment? Empty Shirts and stuff

Post  Harker Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:18 pm

As far as shirts go, I think we should get something in the work. I am partial to t-shirts, but Im good with whatever. I guess you could say that we kind of have a logo. I think that either the scribe or jester did some graphic manipulation on a blue man group picture. He changed the pots of boiling colorful liquid to kegs of colorful homebrew. Help me out here jester, was this your handy work? Anyway, it's quite comical, and I think it will make a hillarious t-shirt. This particular log isn't the type of thing you would want on a polo or button-down shirt though, there is too much going on.

Here is the "non-manipulated" picture I am referring to.
Recruitment? Blue-man-group
Harker
Harker

Back to top Go down

Recruitment? Empty One more thing

Post  Harker Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:37 pm

I do think we could expand our homebrew group a little, but we must realize the struggles involved. If our group increases to 12 for example, when we do our samplings each person will need to bring enough beer for 12 people to try. Since we typically bring premium beers, this could get expensive. The upside is that we will have more to try.

It will also be much more difficult to find times to meet. It has been difficult with just 7 of us. Pete, notice that I haven't "officially" included you in that number since you are not technically a member as of yet. From your posts it sounds to me like you are planning to join. Remember that hazing and initiation rituals must be performed in order for you to establish yourself as a member. Don't worry, we've all been through it, it's nothing really. Now pour me a beer biatch!

Lastly, with more members we lose the "intamacy" of our elite group of self proclaimed beer snobs. I didn't phrase that well, but the point is that we have a fairly tight nit group that regularly texts, emails and calls one another. If we have 15 members, some of the group might feel left out when they aren't always invited to a brew session or an FAC at YiaYias.

We should vote on this at our next meeting. I can make either day. I like the idea of a Thursday knowing that I will surely have a hangover the following day, but Wednesday will work too.
Harker
Harker

Back to top Go down

Post  scribe Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:08 pm

Harker: Well articulated. I agree with you whole heartedly. This is the tension of expanding. A vote should be taken.

Also, Bill, could you whip up that Blue Man Group logo with Keggles or Boiling Kettles? Either is fine, i'm sure. I can get the Iron-On stuff... and if everyone brings a shirt to the next meeting (we should probably be somewhat consistent on style) then we can get this done in a matter of hours!
scribe
scribe
Admin

Back to top Go down

Recruitment? Empty T-shirt

Post  Harker Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:12 pm

Just and FYI, we should probably not bring a blue shirt. Personally, I'm thinking black would look good and really accent the colorful brew. What are your guys' thoughts. Is everyone still considering button-ups or t-shirts? How hillarious would it be if Wayne Faris' blue face was one of them?
Harker
Harker

Back to top Go down

Post  Schweit Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:49 pm

My thots on Shirts... are Black Button up.. with some kinda of logo on it. I feel thats more of a professional, suffistacated group look rather that bunch of wierdo walking around with iron on white t-shirts claiming to be a great brewing group (not mentioning ANY local brewing groups here)..lol

As for my thots on Recruitment I would like to see at most 15ish. Also are there going to be giudelines on new recruits.. i.e. Experienced Brewer vs. A Beginner Brewer.

I liked the last meeting where we sat and pretty much shared our opinions on beers, told storys and got drunk. Which will be no problem with an Experienced brewer as for the beginning brewer I was thinking I really dont want to spend alot of time teaching someone about, how to, and aquire a good pallet for beer. So I kinda feel like we should have some giudelines for new recuits
Schweit
Schweit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum