www.brewmangroup.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A new guiness.....

3 posters

Go down

A new guiness..... Empty A new guiness.....

Post  Dobee Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:19 pm

Interesting e-mail I got from Guiness. We will see if it is actually good or just drinkable like regular guiness...... I will give it a try.

This year marks our 250th anniversary, so it's time to celebrate! We're happy to announce to you, the loyal 1759 Society, the launch of our Special Edition Guinness®️ 250 Anniversary Stout on April 24th.

We couldn't be prouder of this stout. Using a unique brewhouse process that combines the use of stout and ale malt, it's a distinctive carbonated stout with a clean, smooth finish. This is especially exciting, as we haven't introduced a new stout to the US since 1967, when we first started importing Guinness®️ Draught.

It's only available for a limited time, so on April 24th, pick some up at your local retailer or go out with some friends and try a pint of our brand new brew!

Thank you for being part of a magical 250 years.

Sláinte.
Dobee
Dobee
Admin

Back to top Go down

A new guiness..... Empty Re: A new guiness.....

Post  Librarian Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:02 pm

Thanks Dobee. I learned something new today. I didn't know about Stout malt before. It's a pale malt made with extra diastatic power for mashing with a high fraction of dark malts and adjuncts. From Baird's website:

"As its name implies, Stout Malt is used for brewing Stout beers. Note that the colour is low and often not important, since the colour of Stouts comes from the roasted malt. Steeping, germination and kilning are controlled so that good modification takes place and there is sufficient enzymic development to ensure conversion of the roasted malt and any other adjunct used."

How about some DMS Malt...mmm
"Some types of lager require very low levels of DMS in malt but Bairds can manufacture malt with specified high levels of DMS in the finished product, particularly suited to the production of some continental style lager beers. "
Librarian
Librarian

Back to top Go down

Post  Dobee Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:21 pm

Hmmm I wonder if that DMS malt is what they use in that chinees beer snow the number one selling beer in the world. I heard it smells like rice and cabbage (not trying to be racist, but that is what the reviews say....)
Dobee
Dobee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  scribe Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:48 pm

they have this "new stout" at N-street Liquors (19th and N).
scribe
scribe
Admin

Back to top Go down

A new guiness..... Empty So N Street does have it

Post  Dobee Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:35 pm

Bought this guiness tonight to give a try. It was a slightly hopped version of guiness, with a good stout flavor profile. It was definitely a sessionable beer. Although it wasn't anything I would write home about. Rolling Eyes
Dobee
Dobee
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum