www.brewmangroup.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The judges spoke loudly for the Irish Beer Quest.

4 posters

Go down

The judges spoke loudly for the Irish Beer Quest. Empty The judges spoke loudly for the Irish Beer Quest.

Post  Dobee Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:47 pm

Beer Quest Irish Ale finalists are:
Mark Beatty - Irish Dry Stout
Jim Anciaux - Irish Red Pale Ale
Dave Hoage - Irish Red
Kim Theesen - Nutty Irish Red
Curt Schnase - Irish Red
Bryon Belding - Irish Red
Jim Fobben - Irish Red
Josh Hammonds - Irish Foreign Extra Stout
Brian Marcov - Irish Gold Ale
Dave McGrath/Elliott Spilker - Irish Red
Aaron Carnes - Irish Red

The judges spoke loudly for the Irish Beer Quest. 2cwvsrk

Last edited by Dobee on Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dobee
Dobee
Admin

Back to top Go down

The judges spoke loudly for the Irish Beer Quest. Empty Re: The judges spoke loudly for the Irish Beer Quest.

Post  Dobee Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:52 pm

I think that one beer that got a 23 was uncalled for....

Thats all i'm saying on the subject......
Dobee
Dobee
Admin

Back to top Go down

The judges spoke loudly for the Irish Beer Quest. Empty Re: The judges spoke loudly for the Irish Beer Quest.

Post  written1 Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:05 pm

yo, beats a score of 22!!
written1
written1

Back to top Go down

The judges spoke loudly for the Irish Beer Quest. Empty The sheets can be found here

Post  Dobee Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:48 pm

Dobee
Dobee
Admin

Back to top Go down

The judges spoke loudly for the Irish Beer Quest. Empty BQ

Post  Harker Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:47 am

Well, for those of you that haven't heard, Carnes made it in the competition (as he should have with a 45). Laughing There will be 11 brewers in the contest this time, 4 of which belong to this group. That is pretty good!

Bill and Shwobee, you both had good beers. I don't always understand the comments of the judges. Brenden made it sound like Shwobee's beer could be great on popcorn and roasting ears, and Jim hinted around that Bill's beer tastes like cough syrup or as the main ingredient in Runzas. This couldn't be farther from the truth. Don't take it personally. As a matter of fact, you will both find that your beer is superior to mine. I am willing to say that the same beer can differ by 15 points based on which judge gets hold of it. Well, at least you both have some delicious beer on tap, be it 10 gallons. Maybe we should throw a little party or something. I hope you both bring your beers to the after party for some redemption and to ensure we get something good to drink.

Just a reminder, the national homebrew deadlines are creeping up on us. I think the submissions need to be in by March 25th. I personally think that Carnes has had a few beers that would do well, maybe the Brochefort, Jim's wheat wine and perhaps the Billsner. Let's get some trophies for the brewman case.
Harker
Harker

Back to top Go down

Post  Dobee Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:08 pm

I think I am going to bottle a few beers from the irish swill and send it in for the national homebrew competition and see how it does.....
Dobee
Dobee
Admin

Back to top Go down

The judges spoke loudly for the Irish Beer Quest. Empty Congrats

Post  Harker Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:34 am

A big congratulations to the Scribe for winning the public competition at beer quest. His beer was awesome and he deserved to win. Additionally, the brew man group represented well as a whole. Out of the 4 competitors, we took 1st (Scribe), 3rd (Harker), 4th (Librarian) and 5th place (Porter).

Scribe will be brewing his beer this Friday at Lazlos and he encourages all of his fellow brewmen to come down for a while. I have fears that Rich will not be able to replicate the beer due to the "souring" process. Fruit flies are a problem.
Harker
Harker

Back to top Go down

Post  scribe Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:15 pm

The big question here is this:

Will the Lagers' upcoming newsletter mention how Mark Beatty WON (...the brewers choice round)? AND will they or will they not mention that the title was shared?

Seriously though guys, I had a great time yesterday hanging out and drinking... your supportiveness really means alot! I couldn't have done it without the marketing skills of Schweit (new nickname: "Schweit Power"). BROS before BREWS!!

---scribe
scribe
scribe
Admin

Back to top Go down

The judges spoke loudly for the Irish Beer Quest. Empty To kill a Mocking Bird

Post  Harker Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:49 am

His mocking comments still leave a sour taste in my mouth, and I'm not talking about the taste from his beer quest entries. I've always got a long with him in the past, but when he started mocking my comments and snubbing his nose to my beers, I take it personally.

If you don't know the story, I simply asked a fellow brewer if his beer was exposed to light because it had a slight "skunky" taste to it. An observation that other people made as well. It was still a very good beer btw.
Harker
Harker

Back to top Go down

The judges spoke loudly for the Irish Beer Quest. Empty One more thing

Post  Harker Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:59 am

Without mentioning names, a different brewer was nice enough to speak with me after my first win at beer quest. The first words he chose was "you know, the public don't know what the fuck they are doing". That's just great, can you believe someone would say that? Oh well, maybe I'm being petty.
Harker
Harker

Back to top Go down

Post  written1 Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:09 pm

It's OK Harker, it just means that you take A LOT of pride in your beer and beer observational ability. It's hard to let something go when someone is intentionally snubbing your beer and brewing/tasting skills, especially when you are as serious as fellow brewmen.

Don't let it bring you down.

Jester.
written1
written1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down