www.brewmangroup.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wheat Wine Wonderment

2 posters

Go down

Wheat Wine Wonderment Empty Wheat Wine Wonderment

Post  scribe Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:06 pm

I finally racked this bad boy to the secondary last night--tasted it--and took the final gravity. It got down to 1.022--Damn! It's been a while since I've used American Yeasties! The smell was something from the clouds--home baked wheat bread with a hint of cherry and light caramels. The hop aroma was no where to be found... but the hop flavor was very present--nice bittering finish too! I'm still debating on whether or not to dry hop this guy. I think I'll pass as the wheat, caramels, and fruity esters were so nice as they were. There is no doubt, a warming/burning alcohol sensation in the finish (9.7% ABV). This guy is going to need some serious aging before I'm ready to unleash it to the masses. Okay.. that is all... thanks for letting me brag about this one--it's rare for me to be this proud of one of my own batches.
scribe
scribe
Admin

Back to top Go down

Wheat Wine Wonderment Empty Wheat wine

Post  Porter Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:05 pm

Sounds good, Scribe! Carnes and I had my wheat wine the other night and it is gonna be really good. It's well balanced and the wheat character makes it real smooth. Of course, a lot of this is conjecture because it will be a few more months before it peaks (9.1% abv)
Porter
Porter

Back to top Go down