R.I.P., R.I.S.

Go down

R.I.P., R.I.S.

Post  Librarian on Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:17 am

Monday, February 2nd, 2009 I made a terrifying discovery. I was cleaning a couple of empty kegs. I went to my chest freezer to get my CO2 tank, and when I opened it I was stunned...my Russian Imperial Stout was no longer in the keg, it was inches deep in the bottom of the freezer. After the initial shock and anger wore off, it didn't take me long to figure out what happened: I had filled a couple of bottles the night before from the cobra tap. I remember the beer line being kind of twisted around itself, so I twirled it around a few times to get the twists out. Well, this twisting was just enough to barely loosen the threaded connection onto the ball lock disconnect. The keg was connected to CO2 at about 1 psi and pushed the beer out overnight.

I cleaned it up last night. With every scoop into a bucket it felt like I was digging a grave. I think there may be some left in the keg, less than a gallon. Damn, that was one of the best beers I have ever made. I just thought I should share this with you guys. I have learned an important lesson.
Librarian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: R.I.P., R.I.S.

Post  scribe on Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:35 am

#@#$#@@%^$&&*#@#!!!
scribe
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: R.I.P., R.I.S.

Post  Dobee on Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:02 pm